Total Pageviews

Monday, March 30, 2009

surrender

I think that God has been talking to me about surrender.  it's a tough subject, and sometimes i would like to think that it's not His voice i hear, but my own.  but deep in my heart i know it's His.  i've been praying that i hear His voice, but i want to put in a clause, and say, but only about the things i want to hear about God.  You let me pick the topic, and then You can tell me only what i want to hear.  just in case you've been wondering about the "true" definition of the word surrender there it is from a dictionary:

a: to yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand <surrendered the fort> b: to give up completely or agree to forgo especially in favor of another2 a: to give (oneself) up into the power of another especially as a prisoner b: to give (oneself) over to something (as an influence)intransitive verb: to give oneself up into the power of another : yield
ouch, that one hurt.  i think about titles of books, like "The Glad Surrender" and "Total Surrender" oh, and that wonderful song "I Surrender All"  i think i'll type out the lyrics to that song.  if we've ever gone to church i'm sure we've sung the song.  and it's pretty sounding.  our worship leader (Dan White) has recently written a song about surrender. it's a great song, and all of us are waiting for it to be put on a c.d. so we can sing along with it whenever we want.  however, do we mean what we are singing?  here are the lyrics and all four verses to the song.  in the italics i'll add some questions that God was asking me when i had my hands raised and singing this song yesterday.
all to Jesus i surrender, all to Him i freely give;do you really surrender ALL to Jesus?  do you freely give everything or just the parts that you want?  just the thoughts you want to feed?
i will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live.if you love and trust Him, then why do you pick the things back up that you surrender?  are you doubting His goodness?  are you cultivating His presence in your daily life?
all to Jesus i surrender, humbly at His feet i bow,humbly?  i bow?  that means submission to Him!!!  do i submit my thoughts daily to Him?  do i surrender my entire life to Him????
worldly pleasures all forsaken, take me , Jesus, take me now.do i really forsake all worldly pleasures?  or do i pick and choose the ones that i think i can hold onto without being hurt through it?  take me, Jesus, take me now?  does that mean right this second, because there are things in my life that i want to do, you can't mean right now could you?

all to Jesus i surrender, make me, Saviour, wholly Thine;now we are talking more of a prayer here, i can handle this...  i want to be wholly Thine Jesus, with nothing else in the mix, just You.  can You make me wholly Thine?
may Thy Holy Spirit fill me, may i know Thy pow'r Divine.oh Holy Spirit, i ask that You fill me once again.  i pray that i know You're power divine.
all to Jesus i surrender, Lord, i give myself to Thee;okay God, here's the leap.  i don't know where i'm going, i don't know what i'm doing, but i'm giving myself to Thee.  i'm to the point of total surrender.  i can't do this on my own anymore, i must have You!  You take control.  i'm wholly Yours now!
fill me with Thy love and power, let Thy blessing fall on me.God, Your love and power are the blessings.  i cannot be blessed without surrender.  total surrender.  i surrender all!!!!!!!
ahhh, the glad surrender.  to know that I am not my own, but that i have been bought with a price, and that price is the precious blood of Jesus Christ.  who am i to control my own destiny?  God, i surrender all to You.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bethel, Missouri, United States
i'm 30 and i work at women's recovery center in a cornfield in Missouri, yes that's right, Missouri. i grew up in Warsaw IL. i love my job and the ministry that i work for. we help the hurting get healed. it's called Heartland. i love God and my family. hope you find this informing. happy reading. Visit our website at www.heartland-ministries.org one day i may aspire to even write a book *sigh*