Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 17, 2009

reality check

been a bit since i've written anything, so i'll tell you about a reality check i had this morning, and i'm sure most of you will laugh because it's so silly, but very true.

a friend and i were sitting at the breakfast table, and she told me that she got the c.d. that was playing at a garage sale for a dollar. i asked her what it was, and she told me it was WOW Gospel worship then she added, but it's 1998.  i thought "so what's the big deal, it's only a couple years old."  and then it dawned on me that it's 2009 now and that CD is 11 years old!  and then yet another revelation hit me that in just 3 more days i'll be out of high school for 10 years! there is no way i could have been out of high school for 10 years!  i know that i'm 28, but seriously i really don't feel that old!  

after i got done processing all of that my just looked at me and smiled and said "welcome to my world!"

why is it that the years fly by, but we never notice that we are getting older until something like this happens or until we look in a mirror and we don't look 18 anymore, or if someone points out our first grey hair (no one has done that to me yet!), but just something to ponder!

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bethel, Missouri, United States
i'm 30 and i work at women's recovery center in a cornfield in Missouri, yes that's right, Missouri. i grew up in Warsaw IL. i love my job and the ministry that i work for. we help the hurting get healed. it's called Heartland. i love God and my family. hope you find this informing. happy reading. Visit our website at www.heartland-ministries.org one day i may aspire to even write a book *sigh*