Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 16, 2009

good friends

for about the last 4 days things have been very interesting. it's been a good time for the women's home and other people pull together in community. there is a personal side, and a community side.

monday evening our boss's husband had to be flight vac to columbia. he has a liver disease. it was so sad, especially knowing their two young children. i know it was hard for our boss to have to up and leave.

my friend has been helping take care of the kids for the last 3 years. a wonderful thing, so her husband came and took the kids. they are now "chillin'" with Ashlee and Jared. pulling together.

i got really sick last week. couldn't breath very well and was coughing something fierce! horrible. if that wasn't bad enough, i no longer have a voice! it's sometimes slightly louder than a whisper, other times hardly a whisper.

so my friends are taking care of me, making sure i'm not talking to much. making me take naps and rest my voice. one of my friends is even getting ready to come and "kitty sit" with me while watching the sound of music. even though we can't talk.

that's what friends and living in community is all about. helping your boss take care of her kids and kittens, and house, and having someone watch a movie in silence. ahhh, community.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bethel, Missouri, United States
i'm 30 and i work at women's recovery center in a cornfield in Missouri, yes that's right, Missouri. i grew up in Warsaw IL. i love my job and the ministry that i work for. we help the hurting get healed. it's called Heartland. i love God and my family. hope you find this informing. happy reading. Visit our website at www.heartland-ministries.org one day i may aspire to even write a book *sigh*