Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

fav. quotes

I hope this is legal. i have some quotes that i really like. Most of them are out of books, so I'll try to site them properly! Hope you enjoy them as much as i do!

I have one desire now-to live a life for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it. ~ Ed McCully (From the book "Through Gates of Splendor" by Elisabeth Elliot)

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot loose. ~Jim Elliot (From the book "Through Gates of Splendor" by Elisabeth Elliot)

Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation that you believe to be the will of God. ~Jim Elliot (From the book "Through Gates of Splendor" by Elisabeth Elliot)

People have talked to one another for so long, with so many words, that speech has lost its power. ~Gene Edwards (from the First Century Diaries by Gene Edwards- i cannot remember which book.)

When God answers our prayer, it is rarely on our terms- we get more, and better (but not always to our liking) than we bargained for. ~Eugene H. Peterson (from the book "Leap over a Wall" by Eugene H. Peterson.)

When Christians are not being persecuted in some way by society it means that they are reflecting rather than confronting that society. And when we please the world we can be sure to grieve the Lord. ~John McArthur (from the John McArthur commentary on Matthew 1-6)

Also, a side note, 30 days until my trip to Oaxaca Mexico! I'm so excited!

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bethel, Missouri, United States
i'm 30 and i work at women's recovery center in a cornfield in Missouri, yes that's right, Missouri. i grew up in Warsaw IL. i love my job and the ministry that i work for. we help the hurting get healed. it's called Heartland. i love God and my family. hope you find this informing. happy reading. Visit our website at www.heartland-ministries.org one day i may aspire to even write a book *sigh*