Total Pageviews

Monday, November 24, 2008

and Mary hid these things in her heart

I am actually home now, on Friday night i had my last thoughts all typed out and went to publish them, but something happened and they didn't get published. maybe it was God.

God did so many great things in my heart. but, i can't really tell you what they were. they were/are very intimate things. things I'm not sure i want to tell everyone about, but they are wonderful. it really made me think of the verse that says, "And Mary hid these things in her heart." something to be cherished. those few days in Oaxaca are very much worth cherishing. i will forever and always hold them very dear. God taught me that despite language barriers, He can speak through people. and He calls and confirms all the time. you don't have to be in a special place doing a special thing. just seeking Him and He will speak. i think the thing that amazes me the most was how much i could love a people that i didn't even understand. i mean i really loved them. i was so sad to leave, i wasn't ready to leave yet, but it was time. God orchestrated so many wonderful things. i am forever changed.

the flights were great. God was with us the whole way, it took maybe 45 min to get through customs, and we flew through them. all of our luggage was always off of the carousel every time we had to go get it. when we got to KCI the shuttle was already there for someone else, so we didn't have to wait at all. the guy that drove packed all our luggage for us both into the shuttle and into my car. it was such a sigh of relief. come to find out he is a pastor at a non-denominational church there in KC and he just shuttles to help make ends meet a little bit more. he was so very nice. then when it came time to leave i was a little concerned that i wouldn't be able to find my way home. so i went in and the hotel staff printed me off a whole other set of directions and and gave me an easier way to Liberty. God was all over the place. the Hotel place people even said "if you get lost, just give us a call and Joe will be more than happy to help you." i cannot express how much i really appreciated it, and it was so God from step one to the last step. God showed me how faithful He really is.

Today Tina was sick. we think that she had what i had. yuck! i came back to work. the ladies were so nice to cover for me so i could sleep in. last night when i got home i just walked around my room for 20 min trying to remember where things were, and why i had so much stuff! I'm really disorientated today. i tried explaining to Ms. Audrey and Ms. Jan that while i was there if i wanted to be able to comprehend what was going on i had to push everything from here to the side. i wanted to take it all in. there was no way that i would have survived if i didn't. Ashlee leaves for vacation tomorrow so I'd better get this show on the road.

oh, i forgot to mention, Sister Rositta gave me a job offer for one year in Oaxaca, to come and teach at their school, and they would give me a place to stay and pay me for working, and this other lady that lives on the beach said the same. my new friend from Indiana told me that i could come and live with her on the beach b/c she has a big house and an extra bed.

well, all my stuff laying all over my bedroom floor is begging for attention, so I'd better pick it up.

until next time....

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bethel, Missouri, United States
i'm 30 and i work at women's recovery center in a cornfield in Missouri, yes that's right, Missouri. i grew up in Warsaw IL. i love my job and the ministry that i work for. we help the hurting get healed. it's called Heartland. i love God and my family. hope you find this informing. happy reading. Visit our website at www.heartland-ministries.org one day i may aspire to even write a book *sigh*