Total Pageviews

Friday, April 24, 2009

poem

yesterday i went to my moms to help her clean out some things, we didn't do what we had planed on doing, but ended up cleaning out something else.  and in that mess that was mine, i found some poem books.  i like to write down and keep copies of things that other people have wrote, just because it holds a special memory or something to that effect, or it just spoke something significant to me.  the poem i'm going to post is one that i've held on since 1999 or 2000 (that was just yesterday right?)  anyway, i was a part of a social network called collegeclub and you signed up for all these things that you want to get in on, whether it's about a fav movie, or music, or poetry, and on and on and on, like i said this was the first big social networking thing that i knew about, anyway, there was this post by this person who i only know as libteconilgst or something to that effect, and i've carried this poem with me many many places, and here it is, making an appearance on the world wide web, with the whole 4 people that read my blog, anyway, i hope you enjoy this poem as much as i did.

hey God

hey God what's been up with You lately?
and You ask about me?
i've been okay,
i'm sorry that i haven't found time to pray.
i was hiding between my books and it flew away on a daydream,
about the guy down the hall.

the truth, the hard facts
well... i don't mean to dis You 
but...
other things are more important
than You.
at least right now.
at least until i cry.

i'm just being real God
i mean
i love You
yeah, just like the player loves his...girl
sure i love you.

but You know You aren't the only 
god in my life.
money, clothes, school, guys,
friends, parties, sleep...i really love sleep
they are gods too.
they make me.

why should You get priority?
oh, just because You made me?
Just because You sent Your Son and He died for me?
hmmmm....
and You protect me
You love me
You're always there
even though
even though i treat You like 
this?

well my clothes protect me
and my friends make life fun,
but i guess You have a point here,
You don't come first
and i know what You want
all or nothing eh?

all of me or none?
okay, i've decided
wait
can we make a deal?
how about i give You 
80 percent
and i keep 20?

all or nothing?
but i'm not perfect
all or nothing?
You know, i give up
i can't take this
it's nothing
You hear that?
i can't do this anymore
it's nothing
no more lies.

see, because i love You like a player 
loves his...girl
and i don't want to hurt You 
anymore
it's nothing, i promise God, no more
it's better if i just give up
than if i stand in the middle.

wait God wait!
where are You going? come back in
i just died to my flesh
the answer was nothing
i choose nothing
i give You everything
Satan gets nothing.

You thought i would choose him over You?
well, i see why You would
i have been.  but no more winner takes all
and in the fight of good verses evil, You must win.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bethel, Missouri, United States
i'm 30 and i work at women's recovery center in a cornfield in Missouri, yes that's right, Missouri. i grew up in Warsaw IL. i love my job and the ministry that i work for. we help the hurting get healed. it's called Heartland. i love God and my family. hope you find this informing. happy reading. Visit our website at www.heartland-ministries.org one day i may aspire to even write a book *sigh*