Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 07, 2009

living in community

Modern Design Porcelain by David Pier, Pottery of the Future Available Today

a couple things about me before i start this blog.
1) it's meant for humor, so please don't take me to serious
2) i'm a little dramatic at times, and this is how this true story happened
3)i live in community, like seriously, it's a little community in my house. happens when 20 people live in the same home and they are blood family!

okay, now that's out of the way, a little story about living in community. i love it. it has more pros than cons. pros, many times someone else cleans up after you cook or make a mess or forget to cover your potato salad. but it also has some cons, like someone using cups. yup, that's right. tonight i got a little to excited when i saw someone using one of my tumbler cups. you would think no big deal right? there's 60 others already in the cabinet, use one of those. well, that's what i thought! i saw her getting ready to put ice in my pink tumbler cup and i started to get a little upset. i said "HEY! THAT'S MY..." and i just walked away . she chased me down and said "was that yours? i've never used it before, it was just so pink and pretty!! " all the while having the "i got caught and i've used this cup like 30 times before" look.

a friend and i were walking up the stairs and i said "i have 4 cups in this house, 2 coffee cups, and 2 tumbler cups, you can change my laundry, eat my cookies, use my laundry soap, but just don't use my special cups!" and i followed it by a threat saying "i'm blogging about this and it's going to be called 'living in community'."

and there is my dramatic story about living in community.

the secret word for the day was "is" go back and read this blog and every time you see the secret word, SCREAM REAL LOUD!!!


2 comments:

Eliza said...

I love this! So funny! I have one mug I like...for coffee...don't use my mug! Of course, it's getting easier for me...as the boys are moving, now!

Unknown said...

LOL Adrienne Adrienne... somethings just don't change, I can't believe you are still as uptight about your cups as the first day I stepped foot in the house! ROFL, I still love you though.

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bethel, Missouri, United States
i'm 30 and i work at women's recovery center in a cornfield in Missouri, yes that's right, Missouri. i grew up in Warsaw IL. i love my job and the ministry that i work for. we help the hurting get healed. it's called Heartland. i love God and my family. hope you find this informing. happy reading. Visit our website at www.heartland-ministries.org one day i may aspire to even write a book *sigh*