Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 21, 2009

tech's

just thought i would say hello and let ya'll know what's going on. i haven't been able to blog a whole lot for 2 reasons.

1) somehow i changed my language to Hindu and couldn't figure out how to fix it! so i couldn't read what i was typing and unless you know Hindu you couldn't read it either!

2)my computer had a virus and i haven't gotten it back to the lovely IT staff to get my wi-fi back on!

now you know why i've been away i'll go on with my story. my computer had been acting weird for a week or so. and wasn't getting any better. so i e-mailed out IT staff to see what they could do. they recommended me troubleshooting it for myself, or i could pay them $7.50 an hour. so i tried finding out what was wrong with it, but to no avail. so the next time i just took it to them. i get an e-mail asking if my computer was still under warranty. i didn't like that very much. but looking into it it was under warranty. so i called a little before church on Wed and the nice man on the other end said i should back up my files, that is i had to back them up on zip drives or something of the sort, because he thought i would have to do a system restore. that didn't sound like very much fun. so i got my techy-ist friend to come and help me. we couldn't even get my computer to back things up! so i called hp and they helped me.

i got on the phone at like 8:45 or so, and the guy was super nice. i found out that he lived in the Philippines and they were 12 hours ahead of us! so anyway, he did all sorts of cool things to help me with my computer and to save my itunes music and some other things such as that. by the time i got off the phone and into bed it was 1:30 a.m. wow! my computer had a bad virus! yuck! so now my computer is back to the original factory settings. but i tell you what, this guy deserves to get the "most patient of the year award"! he never once got frustrated with me. and he didn't feel the need to small talk, (which i was glad!). so all that to say, my computer is fixed, and i now have my language changed back to English on my blog.

i learned a very important lesson. don't let your anti-virus protection run out. it can do very very bad things!

this blog was brought to you today by the word: yeah!


No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bethel, Missouri, United States
i'm 30 and i work at women's recovery center in a cornfield in Missouri, yes that's right, Missouri. i grew up in Warsaw IL. i love my job and the ministry that i work for. we help the hurting get healed. it's called Heartland. i love God and my family. hope you find this informing. happy reading. Visit our website at www.heartland-ministries.org one day i may aspire to even write a book *sigh*