Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 22, 2009

confession of a speeder

well, i finally have something to blog about.  i know it's been a boring couple of weeks.  i'm actually really frustrated with myself, but i might as well make light of the situation right?  so i was coming home from the eye doctor today and i was truckin right along and i pop over this hill, and i saw a state trooper.  i thought maybe he didn't see me speeding, then i looked and decided there was no way that he could not see me speeding, so i slowed down in hopes that he would give me some grace (however i did not slam on my breaks) and sure enough in a few seconds he was behind me with his pretty lights jus a flahin.  i started praying when i saw him come over the hill, you know "sinners instinct"  oh God, forgive me, i'll never speed again, just don't let me get caught this time,  i repent, i'll never do it again, i promise!"  my stomach dropped as he approached the car and asked me why i was in such a hurry.  i told him i wasn't paying attention, so he went back to his car for what seemed to be eternity and came back with a pretty yellow ticket, and asked me if i would like to see what i was clocked at.  i told him no, i knew i was guilty.  a lesson well learned.  however, since it was my first offense, i don't think i'll get points on my license, inurance may be a different story however.  you know that great saying "i'm so broke i can't even pay attention"?  well, my new sayinng is i'm so broke i'd better pay attention.
obey the speed limit!

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bethel, Missouri, United States
i'm 30 and i work at women's recovery center in a cornfield in Missouri, yes that's right, Missouri. i grew up in Warsaw IL. i love my job and the ministry that i work for. we help the hurting get healed. it's called Heartland. i love God and my family. hope you find this informing. happy reading. Visit our website at www.heartland-ministries.org one day i may aspire to even write a book *sigh*