Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

public speaking


Hello all my fans (Esther and Shawn...)  just thought i would share with you what happened tonight.  Tina and i got asked to speak at church tonight about our trip to Oaxaca.  actually, on Monday we had to go for a video interview thing which turned out to take a long time b/c Tina wanted to say exactly the right thing, so it took like an hour and a half or so.  but anyway, we didn't really have much time to talk about what we were going to talk about tonight.  i'm more of an imprompto person anyway, to much time to plan gets me all stressed out.  anyway, before church we prayed. several people asked me if i was ready, i told them i didn't have much of a choice, i had to be.  so we watched the movie that the wonderful camera man put together, and then i spoke.  the ladies were giving me a hard time before church b/c i like to talk alot and can ramble on quiet a bit, espically about my experinces in Oaxaca.  anyway, it went really really good.  and it fit right in with what Tina had said.  afterwords, Kathy, a lady who is a wonderful speaker and a published author, told me i was elequent.  wow!  i took that as a huge complement.  anyway, it was fun and not so bad once i got up there.  just thought i would let ya'll know how well my "first public speaking engagement" went.  did i mention there were about 400 people?  i'm going to try to upload a pic or 2 of Oaxaca

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Bethel, Missouri, United States
i'm 30 and i work at women's recovery center in a cornfield in Missouri, yes that's right, Missouri. i grew up in Warsaw IL. i love my job and the ministry that i work for. we help the hurting get healed. it's called Heartland. i love God and my family. hope you find this informing. happy reading. Visit our website at www.heartland-ministries.org one day i may aspire to even write a book *sigh*